Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Disney Fun

My husband and I went to Disneyland without the little man. He is still too little to go on a lot of the rides, and we didn’t want him to be disappointed, especially with the new Radiator Springs Racer ride. We did bring back some great gifts. If you go, check out RideMakerz in Downtown Disney. They have awesome create-your-own cars and are the only existing store, according to the employees.

I love Disneyland and Disney World for so many reasons. This time we treated ourselves to things I don’t normally try. One was a Mickey Mouse chocolate chip cookie. Simple yes, but very good. So big that it took me 2 days to eat. I wanted to share a little Disney with the little man, so I searched for a similar cookie recipe. Love to Be in the Kitchen has a recipe which is not completely like the original but pretty satisfying. I didn’t take my time with the decorating. If I wanted it to look more professional, I would have used a bag or condiment bottle to stripe the cookie. The best part of making something like this, the little man helped me. He loves making cookies.

Here is our creation:

 

And of course, the little man loved it!

Next project: I didn’t try the caramel covered apples because the one store didn’t have them, but I plan to recreate the recipe in the future. This YouTube video from the Disney Parks actually shows how to make one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB35Cbs_kt4

No comments:

Post a Comment