Thursday, April 18, 2013

Superhero Birthday

Tomorrow is the little man’s birthday. We are not doing a big birthday party, but I wanted to do something really special for him. Right now, he is in love with anything "superhero." Searching Pinterest for superhero themed ideas, I came across Emily's Little World blog. I fell in love with her capes and masks. So, I called my mom and asked if it was feasible to make them for the kids in his daycare. I asked my daycare lady if she could get the kids’ favorite colors and first initials. Now, we just switched daycares, and I assumed there were about 10 kids. Turns out, there are 16, including my son. Oh, well. I really wanted to do the project. My mom made one extra cape to experiment with, so I made one for a special friend at church.

Here is our creation:
Little Man's Mask
 
His cape

Daycare Kids' Capes + 1 Special Friend

Daycare Kids' Mask
 
My mom made all of the capes, and I did all of the logos and masks. I appliqued the logos, so they would be sturdier.

I got the free mask template from Grosgrain. I used the Wolverine mask for my little man’s special mask and the Hulk mask for the other kids.

If you do an internet search, there are many free patterns for basic capes. We searched for one that was one whole piece, but choose the one that works best for you. I designed the logos, using Microsoft Word.
 

I am planning a special Captain America cake for our family celebration. Pictures to come. J

1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love!!! Pam...YOU and your mom never cease to amaze me! You rock!! I love your creations!! And I love YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete