Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Special Christmas Breakfast

Getting Started


I have been on Pinterest a lot. My husband says too much. But I got to say, there are a lot of creative ideas out there, and for a girl who loves to web surf, Pinterest is very addictive.

  
Recently, I have been on the search for ideas to make special memories with my 3 year old son. I tried a virtual advent calendar with kid craft bloggers giving projects but only gained a couple of ideas. I guess I'm pretty picky about what I want to create. So, I was a little disappointed. The projects have to be cute and fun but turn out really nice. Basically, I don't want it to be one of those "I nailed it" funny posts where it looks like a blob when you are done.
  
I plan to blog my successes and give tips for a more successful outcome. I will always link the source of inspiration, since that is only fair. However, this blog is really for me, so I can share it with my son some day.

Christmas Breakfast


I loved this idea: Santa Pancakes. The original idea came from: Blue Skies Ahead blog.

My cousin saw my pin and tried it for Christmas Eve breakfast for her son. She added bananas for the eyes, which I loved. I told my son that I was planning to make a Santa pancake for him, and he said that I needed it to have ears. So, here is my creation:

Tip: If you want to add ears, make sure your batter is nice and thick. You can then direct your batter into the pan. This works better for any shape you are trying to create.

Happy Memory Making!

 







 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment