Sunday, December 30, 2012

Confetti Popper Rockets


It’s almost New Year’s Eve. I wanted a special project to celebrate. I got the inspiration from One Mom Blog. It was nice, but it came from a kit. So, I then found a confetti popper rocket version from Alpha Mom. It has a very nice diagram of how to put the whole project together.

 
On the night before, I prepped the difficult part of the project, the trap door with the pull, and I cut the paper to fit the tubes. As a modification, I had my son decorate the paper that went around the tubes. No, it’s not as pretty as Alpha Mom’s project, which used nice scrapbook paper, but it is more hands on. He also helped by gluing the paper to the tubes, cutting the confetti, and putting the confetti inside. I finished it off by putting on the tops with their ribbon handles. If we had stickers, I would have had him put those on, but we used the materials we had on hand. We used wrapping ribbon for the streamers and even the string, since it was what we had.

 
Here is our creation:

No comments:

Post a Comment