Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Handprint/Footprint Calendar

I really wanted to do a special art project with my son. He loves to paint, and I saw some cute projects on Pinterest (of course). I found some good sites for ideas and then searched for poems. If I couldn’t find a poem I liked, I created one. I might end up doing this project with my Kindergarten class, but I would need to change the 2 footprint projects to handprints.



Tip: If you get paint on a part of the hand/foot that you don't want on the picture, just dab off with a wet wipe before printing. You might have to try a few prints before you are totally happy. Luckily, my son was great after the initial tickling sensation of the first print.
Laminate and put in blank calendars, and you can use dry erase markers and use it indefinitely.

 
Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing -
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away.

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

 
January Footprint:Penguin


I’m a little penguin
I'm a little penguin,
Black and white.
Short and wobbly,
An adorable sight.
I can't fly at all,
but I love to swim.
So I'll waddle to the water
And dive right in!


 
February Handprint: Heart

 
Kissing Hand Poem
A piece of me I give to you
This special heart because
“I Love You!”
The heart is you, the hand is me,
It shows that we are
A Family!

 
March Handprint:Leprechaun

Poem: by Pamela W.

 
I'm a little leprechaun,
Tiny and green.
I try to hide where I cannot be seen.
If you catch me on St. Patrick’s Day,
I must give my gold away!

 
April Handprint: Rabbit

 
Here's a Rabbit
Oh, here's a fluffy rabbit
With two ears so very long
See him hop, hop, hop about
On legs so very strong.
He nibbles, nibbles carrots
For his dinner every day
And as soon as he has had enough
He hops, hops, hops away.


May Handprint: Tulips

 
Tulips
In the garden
Tulips grow
Straight and golden
In a row.
Each one holds
Its empty cup
Drinking rain
And sunshine up.

 
June Handprint: Peacock(inspiration from http://pinterest.com/p998/////in/144748575494951693/; main link no longer valid)
Poem: by Pamela W.

 
Peacock
A peacock with its colorful feathers
Displayed for all to see.
Its graceful body and its head
Is made just by me.

 
July Footprint: Rocket(inspiration from http://www.thatisadorable.com/Services.html)

 
A Rocket in My Pocket
I've got a rocket
In my pocket;
I cannot stop to play.
Away it goes!
I’ve burned my toes.
It’s Independence Day.

 
August Handprint: Fish

 
The Fish
I hold my fingers
Like a fish,
And wave them
As I go.
See them swimming
With a swish,
So swiftly
To and fro.

 
September Handprint & Fingerprints:Apple Tree

 
These are special apples
Hanging on this tree.
I made them with my fingerprints
They are a part of me.

 
October Handprint: Spider



Poem: by Pamela W.

 
This spider is not scary.
Look real close, and you’ll see.
It’s made from something very special,
And that’s special something’s me!

 
November Handprint:Turkey
Poem: (from several sources)

 
This isn’t just a turkey,
As you can plainly see.
I made it with my hand,
Which is a part of me!
It comes with lots of love
Especially to say—
I hope you have
A Very Happy
Thanksgiving Day!

 
December Handprint: Santa Claus
Poem: by Pamela W.

 
Santa Claus
Here is Santa Claus,
A very jolly elf.
But this Santa is a special one
Because I made it myself.


Handprint Sources:
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment