Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Winter Scene

I was inspired for this project by Red Ted Art.
 
However, I wanted to step up the project just a bit. I had seen a few projects that used puffy paint. For a winter scene, I thought that would be perfect for snowflakes.
 
First, I cut out a tree and snowman and mounted them to our project paper.
 

Then, my little guy covered the whole picture with blue and purple finger paint.
 
Lastly, I mixed some homemade puffy paint. There are a lot of recipes out there, but I didn’t have the ingredients for the shaving cream version or self-rising flour for the other version. So, I did a little experiment. I used 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour, 2 Tablespoons salt, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, and then added warm water until it was the consistency of paste. We used Q-tips to add the puffy paint snowflakes, and just for the fun of it, I went over the top of the snowman. We put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds (may be 10-30 seconds, depending on your microwave).
 
Here is our final creation:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment