Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waterless Snow Globe

I am still on a winter and snowman kick. So, I thought a waterless snow globe would be perfect.

I found several projects for snow globes. Some used glass jars, but I wanted something my little man could play with later. One site, The Rice Babies, had a nice simple idea.
 

I used supplies that I had on hand. We had just gone to Dairy Queen, so I used the lid of the hot fudge sundae. Other supplies included wrapping ribbon, cotton balls, stuffing, card stock, muffin paper, and glitter. I cut a piece of card stock to fit snuggly in the bottom of the DQ lid and then used the muffin paper to completely seal the bottom off. My little man glued everything together (including putting the snowman together) and sprinkled glitter into the lid for just a nice extra touch.
 

Here is our project:

No comments:

Post a Comment